Snickerdoodles

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I found this awesome recipe for snickerdoodles on allrecipes.com! They're easy to make and yummy to eat! Be warned that they're addicting :)


Click here for printable recipe.

Snickerdoodles
From AnnaLisa

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2-3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar (for rolling)
2 teaspoons cinnamon (for rolling)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 400° F.
-Cream together butter, shortening, 1-1/2 cups sugar, the eggs, and vanilla.
-Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
-Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture.
-Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7-10 minutes or until set, but not too hard.
Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous,  December 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

I am so glad that I stumbled upon your blog, great recipes.

teresa December 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

yum, i could eat a whole box of those!

Julie December 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Snickerdoodles are one of my top favorite cookies. Yours looks so soft and yummy!

Arlene Delloro December 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Made a double batch of these today to give to some local seniors tomorrow. My usual recipe which calls for all butter. They are excellent. I like the texture better with half butter, half shortening. When I post them, I'll link back to you. Thanks for an easy, yummy cookie.

Katy ~ December 19, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Don't you just LUV a good snickerdoodle. I eat them by the handful (blushes). YUM

Renee December 19, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I have been wanting a great snickerdoodle recipe. Yeah now I have one! This looks so easy and good. I might have to go make these right now. Thanks

Anonymous,  December 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Snickerdoodles...I LOVE the name...and they look quite fabulous! Love that cinna-sugar coating!

kiss my spatula,  December 23, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

oh how i love snickerdoodles! yours are perfection!

kiss my spatula,  December 23, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

oh how i love snickerdoodles! yours are perfection!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP