Peanut Butter Bars Recipe

Monday, January 26, 2009

We got this recipe from AnnaLisa and quickly became hooked on it. We love the chocolate/peanut butter combination and we can't pass a month without either Glen or the kids requesting these as a treat at least once!

 Click here for printable recipe.
The ingredients:

BARS:
1 cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 -1/2 cup peanut butter (for glaze layer)

FROSTING:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2-3 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup butter, softened

Mix first six ingredients together, then add the remaining four and mix again. Spread in cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes (do not overcook). While peanut butter crust is baking mix the frosting ingredients until smooth and creamy.

Right after removing from the oven, dollop gobs of peanut butter over the top. After the peanut butter has softened a bit, spread it in a thin layer. Then add layer of frosting. Makes 24 bars.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Abby January 29, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

I can see my co-workers going gaga for something like this treat! And I love peanut butter, too. YUM.

Donna-FFW January 29, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

These look wonderful. I bet my kids would love them your site looks great. Nice choice of recipes.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP