Chocolate Chip "Pizzookies"

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The kids are finally back to school and I'm celebrating by sharing this out-of-this-world cookie recipe with all of you!  With the almond meal and almond extract, these are cookies you won't soon forget.  My daughter decided to make them into "pizzookies", which she so dubbed because they were kind of a combination of pizza and cookies.  Really all it is, is cookie dough baked in a custard cup (or mini loaf pan) and served warm with ice cream on top.  It ended up being one of my most favorite desserts ever!  In fact, even typing this recipe up is making me crave them again! 


Click here for printable recipe.  



The ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup almond meal (whole almonds ground in the blender)
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1-1/4 cups oats
1 pkg. (12-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:  Preheat oven to 350°.  Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together.  Then add eggs, vanilla and almond extract until well blended.  In a separate bowl, mix almond meal, flour, salt, baking soda, and oats.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture just until blended.  Fold in chocolate chips.

At this point, you can make them into smashingly tasty chocolate chip cookies and bake them for 5-7 minutes at 350°. 

Or you can make them into "Pizzookies" by filling custard cups (or mini loaf pans) about 1/2 full with the cookie dough

and baking at 350° for about 15 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is sunken.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.  Makes 4 dozen cookies or 8-10 "pizzookies".   Enjoy!

7 comments:

karen September 7, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

love these! They remind me of the pazookies you can buy at BJs Restaurant but I am sure these are 10x cheaper!

Avril September 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Delicious Lara! Yes, now I am craving them too!!! LOVE anything with the flavor of almond in it so this is a definite on my list of "must makes". :-)

Katie September 7, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

I was just thinking, like Karen, these sounds like the ones at BJ's! I love those...so I will have to try this out!

FoodontheTable September 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

This is a really cool way to make these into an individual dessert! Looks amazing.

talia September 9, 2010 at 4:15 AM  

yummmm! I have never seen cookies baked in an individual dish like this before, that is a novel idea. i guess you could add all kinds of toppings, like a cheesecake or banoffee topping if you were trying to be really fancy?

Lara September 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Sounds like I need to go to BJ's and test out the pizzookies there. I had no idea that pizzookie was a word already in use. :)

And, Talia, I love the idea of adding the fancy toppings to dress things up a bit. :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP