Zuppa Toscana Recipe

Monday, November 24, 2008

I've actually never had Olive Garden's version of this soup, so I don't know how it compares...all I know is that this is flavorful and hearty and my family LOVES it! It's a regular part of our winter menu!

The ingredients:

1 lb. italian sausage (mild or spicy according to your preference[we like spicy])
3/4 cup onion, diced
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1-1/4 tsp. garlic, pressed (I usually just use 3-4 cloves rather than measuring it)
1/3 cup chopped bacon (I use the good bacon bits)
4 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup kale or spinach leaves, chopped (I use spinach)
1/3 cup cream
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed (optional)

Remove the casings from the sausage and cook sausage with chopped onion in frying pan, like you would for ground beef. Set aside.

In a saucepan add chopped potatoes, diced onions, and bouillon to the water. Boil just until potatoes are tender, then add garlic, sausage, and bacon bits. Simmer for a few minutes then add chopped spinach and cream and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot with breadsticks and a salad. Serves 4-6.


Enjoy!

1 comments:

annalisa November 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

this sounds so good right now! would like to make some and send it to me? :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP