Pulled Chicken and Slaw Sliders

Thursday, November 18, 2010

This super easy new sandwich recipe is one I found in an insert to one of those annoying free newspapers that clutter up my driveway.  Usually they go straight into the recycling bin, but that particular day I decided to look and see if there were any good coupons in there.   And lo and behold, I discovered this little sandwich treasure!      They were quite simple to make and got the thumb's up from everyone in the family -- from the 5-year-old picky eater all the way to Daddy.  :)  I wasn't sure that my kids would go for the coleslaw topping, but the dill pickle flavor ended up making it quite a hit!
Click here for printable recipe.  

The ingredients:

SLAW:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs. dill pickle juice (from a jar of pickles)
2 Tbs. cider vinegar
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1 (16-oz) package shredded coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage)
1/2 cup green onion

CHICKEN:
1 cup favorite BBQ sauce
3 Tbs. cider vinegar (we left this out completely)
3 cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken

1 pkg. (12) mini-hamburger buns (I used 8 regular-sized hamburger buns)


DIRECTIONS:  To prepare slaw, in a large bowl whisk all ingredients together, except coleslaw mix and green onion.  Add coleslaw and green onions and toss to coat.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

To prepare chicken, combine BBQ sauce, vinegar, and chicken in a glass bowl.  Microwave about 3-minutes or until thoroughly blended.


To serve, place chicken mixture on bun bottoms. 


Spoon slaw on top of chicken. 


Place remaining bun halves on top.

Makes 12 sliders or 8 standard size sandwiches.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  November 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

I love finding quick and easy recipes to help us eat at home even on the busy days... this sounds perfect!

teresa November 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

ooooh, great combo, i love slaw on sandwiches!

Arlene Delloro November 18, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

anything with bbq sauce and slaw on it is A-OK in my book; looks delish

Kim November 18, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Loved this post! I never look at those magazines or flyers. Good for you to actually open them up and find a great recipe:) I can see why these sandwiches were such a hit. Gotta love those rotisserie chickens.

P.S. Sorry to hear about your husband's allergy to seafood. I know the seafood allergy can be a dangerous one. I sure wish there would be a cure for all food allergies.

Coleens Recipes November 19, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

OMGoodness, this looks fantastic!!!

Quirky Jessi November 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

Looks fantastic! I often dip my BBQ sandwiches (especially pulled pork ones) into my slaw, scooping up bits when possible, but honestly, I've never seen anyone else do it and especially haven't seen them put it directly -on- the sandwich. I'm going to have to try this now....and maybe create a trend for those around me, hehe.

Holly November 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Um...YUM!!!! My favorite kind of food!;)

Martha A. November 21, 2010 at 1:17 AM  

Those look so good!!! I have been craving cabbage too!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP