Hershey's Chewy Chocolate & Chip Cookies

Friday, July 10, 2009

What can I say? These cookies were simple, easy, and perfectly chewy. Sometimes we make them with chocolate chips, sometimes with white chips, and other times with peanut butter chips. Whatever you use, they're delicious!

The ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 package (12-oz.) chocolate, peanut butter, or vanilla chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until well-blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Rachel July 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Cookies are DEFINITELY my weakness! I can't wait to try this recipe!

Heidi July 10, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I'm always looking for a great cookie recipe! What a great looking one. Can't wait to try it out :)

annalisa July 10, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

i made this recipe a few times at school and these were always gone very quickly! sometimes my roommates and i would bake a batch or two of the cookies (and eat them ourselves) and then just eat the rest of the dough:) these are yummy!

Romney Family July 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Those looks so yummy!! Nothing better than and easy cookies recipe!thanks for sharing!!

Lyndas recipe box July 10, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

This is an easy and delicious looking cookie, one that would help satisfy my chocolate craving! Thanks!
You have a follower. :)

Katy ~ July 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

I'm a cookie fan as well, always on the lookout for a new and delicious cookie. These sound delish!

teresa July 10, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Oh yum, I'd probably eat about a dozen of these!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP