Pumpkin Bread

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I usually leave the recipe posting to my sister, Lara, who seems to have a little too much fun cooking and blogging if you ask me, but today I am having a grumpy day (being woke up four times in the night by a bored four-year-old will do that), so I've decided to bake. It's a little sad that baking (and eating the finished product) is like a panacea for all my problems, but it's true. This recipe here is our family's favorite pumpkin bread recipe and is sure to brighten up a dreary autumn day with its pumpkin-y autumn flavor, moist texture, and the ever so important CHOCOLATE! We usually make them as muffins, but the loaves are fun for sharing with friends. I usually use whole wheat flour and sometimes replace some of the oil with applesauce, which is still very good.

Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 can (16-oz.) pumpkin
3-1/2 cups flour ( I use part whole wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup oil (or applesauce to save fat & calories)
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 - 2 cups chocolate chips

Cream all ingredients together and put into greased and floured loaf pans (2). Bake 1 hour at 350°. We actually rarely make them as whole loaves, but make them in muffin tins instead. It cuts way down on the baking time and makes it easier to dole out to the kids. For muffins bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

SnoWhite October 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Thanks for posting! This is one of my favorite fall treats. Did you know it's just as good with sweet potato in place of the pumpkin?! :)

K October 30, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

I believe I may win the contest for the recipe with the least comments ever. I am very proud!

teresa October 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

mmm, pumpkin bread is awesome, this looks great!

Matthew K November 1, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

That looks really good!! Thanks K, for posting this.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP