Peppermint Angel Food Dessert Recipe

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

This is another recipe from the world famous Lion House cookbook. I've had the cookbook for over 10 years and have grown to love many of the recipes over the years. This is one of those that caught my eye when I was searching for a different recipe. It sounded so yummy and since it's the only time of year we have candy canes in the house I thought I'd give it a try.

The ingredients:

3/4 cup crushed candy canes (if it's not Christmas I'm sure the round peppermint candies would work just as well)
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin (1/2 envelope)
2 tsp. water
1 pint whipping cream, whipped until stiff
1 angel food cake, sliced into 3 horizontal layers
1/2 cup chocolate syrup


Note: I placed the cake into the freezer for a couple of hours prior to slicing it. It made the job much easier.


Put candy in milk; heat and stir until dissolved.


Soften gelatin in water and add to milk and candy mixture. Chill until it starts to set. Fold into whipping cream.



Spread cream mixture over bottom layer of cake. Drizzle chocolate syrup over whipped cream mixture. Place another layer of cake and repeat. Repeat with third layer.


Cover outside of cake with whipped cream mixture. Chill and serve. Makes 12 serving.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP