Apricot Chicken: Super Easy & Super Yummy

Thursday, July 22, 2010

This meal is super easy to make as directed in the recipe, but it's an even bigger cinch when you throw it in the crock pot a couple of hours before dinner. It takes care of itself, which makes it a great meal for a busy day or to have waiting for you when you get home from church!






















Click here for printable recipe. 

Apricot Chicken
posted by Trisha

The ingredients:
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 oz bottle Russian Dressing
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup apricot preserves

Mix together and pour over chicken breasts in a baking dish.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour on 350° .

NOTE: I prefer to cut my chicken into strips, but they can be whole breasts as well. serve it on rice or noodles and garnish with a green vegetable and bread! (The above green veggie is asparagus drizzled in olive oil, minced garlic, and salt that we baked on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 20 min. My kids will eat it like candy).

8 comments:

Anonymous,  July 22, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

I LOVE super easy recipes that take care of themselves! Great idea for the after church munchies. Happy to have found your site. Great recipes!

Romney Family July 22, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

We have this recipe and my family loves it!!! it is so great to have an easy meal to prepare. Jessie

Lyndas recipe box July 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

I love easy meals,and this one looks delicious as well!

Unknown July 23, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

This is one of my family's favorite meals. Yummy!

FoodontheTable July 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

This has been one of our family's favorites!

Kim February 24, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

Made this for dinner tonight. The only leftovers were those my husband ran and hid for his lunch tomorrow!!
Thanks again!!

Jon and Laura June 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Oh yum. I have a friend that made apricot chicken for me a LONG time ago, but I can't find the recipe she gave me. This one is very similar and turned out REALLY yummy. Definitely a keeper!

Colie's Kitchen October 15, 2011 at 1:31 AM  

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP