Saturday, December 18, 2010
Let's just say that after my sister-in-law Mika sent me over this recipe and pictures for this quick and easy pie, that I immediately put the ingredients on my shopping list and will be making it tomorrow night. Mika says it's creamy, chocolatey goodness and perfect for a stress-free holiday dessert!
Hershey Bar Pie
Posted by Mika
Makes 2 pies.
Three big H with almonds (4.25-ounces each)
2 (8-inch) Ready-made graham cracker crusts
1 bag (10-ounces) marshmallows (large or small--it doesn't matter)
1 quart heavy .
1. Cut bars into little pieces and melt over med/low heat with a tablespoon of cream.
2. When all melted add the marshmallow and mix together until marshmallows are completely melted, stirring constantly and taking care not to scorch.
3. Take off heat and let cool until lukewarm
4. Whip 3 cups whipping cream until stiff.
5. Fold 1/2 of the whipped cream into chocolate mix, then the gently fold in the remaining whipped cream.
6. Pour into (2) graham cracker crusts and let cool in fridge for a couple hours, until set.
7. Top with remaining whipped cream and/or shaved dark chocolate.