Holiday Baking #18: Hershey Bar Pie

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Let's just say that after my sister-in-law Mika sent me over this recipe and pictures for this quick and easy pie, that I immediately put the ingredients on my shopping list and will be making it tomorrow night.   Mika says it's creamy, chocolatey goodness and perfect for a stress-free holiday dessert! 



Click here for printable recipe.


Hershey Bar Pie
Posted by Mika

Makes 2 pies.

Ingredients:


Three big Hershey bars with almonds (4.25-ounces each)
2 (8-inch) Ready-made graham cracker crusts
1 bag (10-ounces) marshmallows (large or small--it doesn't matter)
1 quart heavy whipping cream.


Instructions:
1. Cut bars into little pieces and melt over med/low heat with a tablespoon of cream.

2. When all melted add the marshmallow  and mix together until marshmallows  are completely melted, stirring constantly and taking care not to scorch. 

3. Take off heat and let cool until lukewarm
4. Whip 3 cups whipping cream until stiff. 

5. Fold 1/2 of the whipped cream into chocolate mix, then the gently fold in the remaining whipped cream.

6. Pour into (2) graham cracker crusts  and let cool in fridge for a couple hours, until set.





7. Top with remaining whipped  cream and/or shaved  dark chocolate.

8. Enjoy! 

4 comments:

Arlene Delloro December 18, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Looks delicious. I have 2 Hershey cookbooks in my collection and have never had a bad result when using recipes from them.

Debbie December 19, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

That looks so good. I've made a Hershey pie before but it was a bit different than this. This is definitely one I want to try. My sons would love this!!!

Kim December 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

A fluffy creamy and delicious pie for sure. I'd love a slice or two of this!

You're doing a great job chugging along with the Christmas baking. I baked for 5 days straight and then I had to quit! I don't know if I can cream butter and sugar anymore.

Lara December 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Hey Mika, We tried this tonight with some peppermint whipping cream and it was a HUGE hit all around! Thanks for a delicious (and easy) recipe.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP