Lemon Delight Cake

Saturday, May 16, 2009

   With its layer of lemon pie filling and crumb topping this is a dessert you won't soon forget.   Add to the moist lusciousness that it's low fat and easy to make and you'll find this one in your keeper files too!  
The ingredients:

1 pkg. (18-1/4 oz.) lemon cake mix
1-1/3 cups water
3/4 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 Tbs. poppy seeds

FILLING:
1 pkg. (8-oz) reduced fat cream cheese
1 can (15-3/4 oz.) lemon pie filling (our store didn't have this, so I just used a lemon Jell-o cook & serve pudding/pie filling)
1/2 cup powdered sugar

TOPPING:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3 Tbs. flour
1-1/2 Tbs. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract

GLAZE:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp. lemon juice

In a large mixing bowl, beat the first five ingredients on medium speed for 2 minutes. Coat a 9x13x2" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour; spread half of the batter into the pan.

In another large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in pie filling. beat in powdered sugar. Drop by teaspoonfuls over batter; spread gently. Top with remaining batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredient; drizzle over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 12 servings.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Katy May 16, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

When I saw the word "lemon" I couldn't get here fast enough! This looks so GOOD! Gosh, I want a huge inside slice for breakfast, right now! Will certainly save this and give it a go. Great find. Thank you for sharing.

Kristen May 16, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

I'm a huge fan of anything lemon - pie, bread, cake, cookies...I have to try this one out!

teresa May 17, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

I'm crazy about anything with lemon, I'm trying this for sure!

Mirien May 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

That looks so good! And lowfat, too? I'm all about that. Then I can eat twice as much!

Sandra May 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

That looks SOOO good. We love anything lemon at our house. Our neighbor grows lemons as big as grapefruit!

Anonymous,  May 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Oh this is beautiful. Lemon and poppy seeds, yum!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP