Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pretty much my daughter loves to bake. Of course this is a good thing and a bad thing. Ever since she started baking I've gained a few extra pounds that just won't seem to go away. On the other hand with the marvelous things that she bakes it's hard to complain too much. This is another recipe she found in the Taste of Home Baking Book we have checked out from the library. Now that she's tried a few of the recipes from there, I don't know if she'll ever be able to let it go. It may end up being her birthday present (which of course is really a present to me too.) This recipe makes a light cake-y brownie with the yummy moist cream cheese swirled in.

The ingredients:
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1-1/2 squares (1-1/2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
2 cups all purpose flour
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream

CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter, and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream; beat on low just until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture until smooth.

In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla; set aside. Spread chocolate batter into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through the batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Heidi May 26, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Your daughter looks to be quite the baker! I would be gaining a few pounds too :)

teresa May 26, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

How fun, I hope my kids like to cook and bake when they get older too!

Charlene May 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

those look sooooo good!!

Katy ~ May 26, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Lara, these look great! How fun to share the cooking experience with your daughter.

Kristen May 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

So delicious, I'll have to save this for the next time I bring a dessert somewhere!

Coleens Recipes May 26, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

This looks SO good. I have a party to attend this week and I think I'll bring this along (I think I'll use peanutbutter chips though).

Annette May 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Yum! I like your new header, very nice.

Julie June 5, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Your pic is making me drool! They look amazing :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP