Holiday Baking #25: Chocolate-Pecan Pie

Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!   

If you're looking for that one more special recipe for dinner tonight, then look no further.  This one is easy and can be made with ingredients that are probably already in your cupboards.  From my cousin Aaron and his wife Trish


Click here for printable recipe. 





Chocolate Pecan Pie
by Aaron Snow
Pie Filling:

The ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavor
1-1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat eggs slightly. Blend in sugar, flour, butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.

Pour into prepared unbaked pie shell.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes or until slightly golden and firm on top. Cool and serve at room temperature.

And of course, serve with ice cream or whipped cream on top!

Enjoy!


*****************

Hope your holidays are filled with
love, joy, and peace! 

Merry Christmas from all of us here at the Recipe Shoebox! 

1 comments:

ann December 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

This pie looks like something that my family would love! I've never made a pecan pie. I think it's time that I did!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP