Chocolate Revel Bars

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

These are yummy! I made this last week at my apartment and they were gone quickly! We all loved them.

The ingredients:

1 c. butter
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
3 c. rolled oats
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
2 tsp. vanilla


Set aside 2 Tbsp. butter. In mixing bowl beat remaining butter, then add brown sugar and baking soda. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour. Then add rolled oats.

Filling: In sauce pan, combine the reserved 2 Tbsp. butter, the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts. Stirring occassionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts (optional) and the vanilla.

Press 2/3 of the rolled oat mixture into the bottom of a greased 15"x 10"x 1" pan. Spread chocoalte filling over dough. Dot remaining rolled oat mixture on filling.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.


Enjoy!

1 comments:

Lara October 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM  

These look so yummy! Thanks AL!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP