Chocolate Revel Bars

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

These are yummy! I made this last week at my apartment and they were gone quickly! We all loved them.

The ingredients:

1 c. butter
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
3 c. rolled oats
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
2 tsp. vanilla

Set aside 2 Tbsp. butter. In mixing bowl beat remaining butter, then add brown sugar and baking soda. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour. Then add rolled oats.

Filling: In sauce pan, combine the reserved 2 Tbsp. butter, the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts. Stirring occassionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts (optional) and the vanilla.

Press 2/3 of the rolled oat mixture into the bottom of a greased 15"x 10"x 1" pan. Spread chocoalte filling over dough. Dot remaining rolled oat mixture on filling.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.



Lara October 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM  

These look so yummy! Thanks AL!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP