Sheet Pan Fajitas

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Here is a recipe we've found over the last few years that's become a family favorite.   We did keto for about 6 months to see if it would help with my daughter's seizure control.   It did, but ultimately she decided that it was too hard for her to stick to and we are back to just eating lowish carb, but nowhere near as strict as true keto.  This is one of those recipes we discovered during that time that we will keep on the menu no matter how many carbs we are eating.  It's easy and delicious!   I love how perfectly the chicken turns out every time...no fuss, no muss!     I make them as a fajita bowl over a cauliflower rice/cabbage mixture, but the rest of my family generally eats them in low-carb tortillas.   Of course, you can serve them in whatever you want and they'll still be delicious!  
Click here for printable recipe.    


The ingredients:

3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup oil
1-1/2 - 2 -lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
3 Tbs. taco seasoning (This homemade version makes the perfect amount)

Desired toppings:  sour cream, grated cheddar cheesesalsa,  guacamole
Cauliflower rice* or low-carb tortillas
( *I cooked some shredded red cabbage with my cauliflower rice.  I like the extra color and jolt of nutrition.)

Directions:   Preheat oven to 400º.   Toss together chopped peppers, onions, chicken thighs in a bowl.   Add oil and taco seasoning. 
Toss together and mix well. 

Spread into a single layer on a large cookie sheet. 
Bake for 22-25 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.   While chicken/veggies are cooking, prepare the cauliflower rice. 
Serve hot over cauliflower rice or in a low carb tortilla with desired toppings. 

Enjoy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP