Quick and Easy Breadsticks Recipe

Monday, November 24, 2008

Homemade breadsticks sounds like it would be something tricky to make and too time consuming to pull together for a week-night meal, but I'm hear to tell you that these breadsticks can be made start to finish in under 30 minutes! They're just my style...easy, quick, and delicious!

The ingredients: 1-1/2 cups hot water
2 Tbs. yeast
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. oil
3 cups flour
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
Parmesan cheese (not pictured)

Preheat oven to 400°. Mix yeast with hot water. Then add sugar, oil, salt, and flour. Mix well for ~8 minutes in mixer. If you don't happen to have a Kitchen-Aid or Bosch then I extend my condolences to you and hope you have strong hands for kneading the bread dough.

No need to let it rise. Just shape into breadstick shape and dip into the melted butter.

Place on greased cookie sheet.
Sprinkle liberally with dried Italian dressing mix and Parmesan cheese.
Put it straight into the oven [no raising] and bake for around 10 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. You'll want them just barely starting to brown.
Serve hot with your favorite Italian meal and wait for the compliments. Shhh...and don't tell anyone how easy they were. Makes about 15 breadsticks.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

annalisa November 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

this recipe is yummy and easy to prepare!

K February 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

I'm planning to make these tonight along with your potato soup recipe. Wish me luck that everything turns out properly!

K February 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM  

Tom couldn't stop talking about how much he loved these! I didn't even have the italian soup mix to put on top, so we just added random spices. The bread was just so soft and fluffy. YUMMY!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP