Honey Lime Enchiladas

Thursday, February 18, 2010

 A perfect balance between sweet and spicy these yummy enchiladas from the Sister's Cafe were a hit with the whole family.  If you have the chicken pre-cooked (or cooked in the crockpot), the prep time on this is super fast making this a perfect weeknight meal.  

 Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:
1-1/2 lbs. pork or chicken, cooked and shredded
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 can (28-oz) green enchilada sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
10 (8-inch) flour tortillas

Directions:  Combine honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder to make a sauce.  Add sauce to shredded pork or chicken.  Let sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes. 

Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray.  Pour green enchilada sauce into pan to coat the entire bottom.


 Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese.



Roll and place seam side down in baking dish. 



Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top.


 Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.  Then broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy (it will only take a minute or two).
Makes 6-8 servings.  Enjoy!

13 comments:

Karey February 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Yum! This looks so good! I'm a huge lime fan, so I'm definitely putting this on the menu! I'll let you know how it turns out for me!

Unknown February 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Oh, I love the sweet and spicy thing! I have never tried making enchilada's but, this is a recipe I will have to try! Thanks!

Melody February 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

I could eat Mexican every night of the week. Thanks for the great new recipe!

teresa February 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

we're on the exact same wavelength, i just made these too and we LOVED them!

Mindy February 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

I'm glad you liked these. They are a staple at our house. I make a whole bunch of the chicken all at once when chicken breasts go on sale, then I freeze it in bags. And then all I have to do is whip a bag out the freezer and assemble. I LOVE these!

Katy ~ February 21, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Ye gads does this look good!!

Thank you for sharing this.

LeeAnne April 20, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I made these last night, and they were so good that my husband asked to have the leftovers for breakfast this morning.

Jill January 11, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

I love to try new recipes too and your blog has become my all time favorite source. We have tried dozens and loved them all but THIS IS THE BEST. My kids, who aren't always fond of my "new recipe addiction" LOVE this and request it often. Thank you!!

Melissa Beckley September 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

This was DELICIOUS and a huge hit at my house :) My 7 yr old actually asked if I was going to eat all of mine :)) LOVE this and will definitely make it again!

K March 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM  

These were a HUGE hit tonight! Everyone loved them, including Andrew. Tom said it goes on his definite to make again list! (and he rarely says that!)

Ashley March 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM  

Can you believe that my husband is allergic to chicken?! It makes cooking so difficult - but I'm definitely going to try this with pork! :-) My mouth is already watering!

Unknown May 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

Okay, so I've made these a couple of times and they are fantastic! I can't get enough of them! I posted about my experience cooking and eating them and linked back to you, of course! Thanks again for the recipe and cheers!

Nancy September 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM  

These were so good! I didn't have any fresh lime so I used frozen lime juice concentrate (we always seem to have lots on hand for margaritas). It worked great.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP