Easiest Chicken Enchiladas Ever

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is another one of those recipes that I can truly call my own. I started making these in our newly married days in Baltimore and all these years later Glen and I still prefer them over other enchilada recipes I've tried. My cousin Trish, an authentic enchilada maker, is probably laughing in derision right about now at this cheap and easy version that I dare call enchiladas...but, hey, I like cheap and easy so I'll risk the wrath of Trish and go ahead and share this long time favorite of ours! [I'll have to try taking a new picture next time I make these...this picture definitely does not do them justice)

The ingredients: 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I usually use a can of Costco chicken)
1 can refried beans

1 jar (or can) of enchilada sauce (29 oz)

2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
corn tortillas

Mix refried beans, chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese, and 3/4 cup enchilada sauce. Heat corn tortillas briefly in microwave to make them easier to roll. Place a stripe of filling down the center of each tortilla, then roll and place in casserole dish. When pan is full, pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the top of the rolled tortillas. Use a spoon to spread it evenly if needed. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot with corn bread. Serves 8.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Trisha November 17, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Silly Lara, Trisha isn't laughing at all. The great thing about enchiladas is that there are hundreds of variations on how to make them. That means that everyone is going to have their very own favorite and generally it will be different than the person sitting next to them. I mean look at me... I like mine stacked with a fried egg on top (sorry it's my New Mexican blood)!! Own it, girl... you have a right to love your recipe more than anyone's... and who is to judge what is authentic?? What does that even mean anymore? We are one big world, sharing our mixed-up recipes inspired by so many different cultures/lands! You have far surpassed me in the kitchen, and I am proud of you for it! Lara is officially one of my new favorite cooks! :-)

Netta June 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM  

This looks wonderfully easy... I've added it to our menu plan for the next week & half (and a link to your site). Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP