Fabulous Fast Chicken

Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm not usually such a fan of creamy casserole type dishes, but when it reminds me of Chicken Cordon Blue I make exceptions! My kids love the stuffing topping and the cheesy tender chicken and I like the fact that it's quick to make and my kids beg me to make it again soon!















The ingredients:















4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 lb. shredded Swiss cheese
8 oz. ham, cut into chunks
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
2 cups Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned stuffing (I used Arnold's instead)
4 Tbs. butter
4-6 servings, cooked rice

Grease 9x13" pan. Lay chicken in bottom of pan. Layer chicken with ham and cheese.















Mix soup and sour cream. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with stuffing and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice. Makes 4 servings.















*To reduce the cooking time, you can cut the chicken up first before cooking.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Donna-FFW February 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Lara- I make something so similar. I use Cream of Mushroom, no ham, I make it every once in a while on a busy night. Something so simple, can be quite tasty:)

skr February 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

I want to come vacation at your house, your food always looks so warm and inviting!

karen December 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

THis is a new family favorite. Thanks!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP