Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ever since I started this recipe blog, I've been daydreaming about the day I would find a lemon poppy seed recipe to make and share. I don't know what took me so long, but here it is finally. Make sure you don't skip the glaze at the end. It takes these good muffins to absolutely scrumptiously moist muffins.

The ingredients:
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/4 cups flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2/3 cup sugar

4 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup oil

1/2 cup milk

2 Tbs. lemon juice

1 Tbs. grated lemon peel

2 Tbs. poppy seeds

GLAZE:

2 Tbs. lemon juice

2 Tbs. sugar


Sift baking powder, flour, sugar, poppy seeds, and salt together in a medium bowl. Cut cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. Add cream cheese and coat well in flour mixture (leave the cream cheese in chunks).
In separate bowl combine egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and lemon peel.

Add dry mixture to the moist ingredients and stir just until combined (you'll still see some small cream cheese chunks--don't worry this is a good thing). Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin tins. Bake 15-17 minutes at 375 ° or until muffins test done.

GLAZE: Combine lemon juice and sugar and brush onto hot muffins.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Deanne March 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

Thanks for the recipe! I love lemon poppy seed and have never had a recipe (just the box mixes).

Have you ever tried this recipe in a bundt pan? I wonder how it would turn out...

jacjewelry March 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

These look incredible! Need to try them!

Spryte March 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Those look so yummy!!!!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP