Garlic Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chicken + Pasta + Garlic = 100% yummy

I think that every single one of my kids went back for seconds on this dish and my husband was lucky there was any left when he got home from work. I love the texture and the flavor the sundried tomatoes gave to this easy dish. Thanks to my friend Karen for an awesome new recipe!

Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

3-4 green onions, chopped
1 tsp. garlic, minced (we added a 1/2 tsp. more)
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 (8-oz.) bottle sundried tomatoes packed in oil (the oil is used in the recipe, so don't drain it yet)
1 pint heavy cream
2 tsp. dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb. penne pasta, cooked as directed on package and drained

Directions: Drain oil from sundried tomatoes into a large skillet.

Chop the tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.

Heat skillet and saute onions, garlic, and chicken breasts in the oil from the sundried tomatoes.

Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the sundried tomatoes.

Simmer 5 minutes. Add cream.

Simmer 5 minutes more. Add basil, Parmesan, and garlic salt.
Stir until well combined. Pour over cooked and drained pasta and stir until combined. Makes 5-6 servings.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

SnoWhite May 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

wowwee!! I'm with you... 100% awesome!

FoodontheTable May 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Agreed - can't go wrong with that combo. Thanks for sharing and the pictures are great!

teresa May 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

oh yummy, that looks so good, i love sundried tomatoes.

Kim May 26, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

I can see why the kids gobbled it up so fast:)
Any pasta recipe containing cream is a winner for me!

Unknown May 27, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I've now enjoyed this pasta 3 meals in a row! Mmmm...mmmm good! Love it!

K May 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

That last comment is really from me and not Tom. He loves the pasta too though! (o:

CaseyDeuce June 17, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

Making this tonight, I'm truly looking forward to it!!

Martha A. July 1, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

I made this tonight! I wished I had some artichoke hearts to add to it, but it was really good. I did not have the oil soaked sun dried tomatoes, but dried ones and I used half and half instead of whipping cream and leftover roast chicken breast. It was really good!

Marie May 26, 2011 at 3:40 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Laura June 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

HOLY COW this dish was amazing. I probably will do half and half next time just to cut the calories down, but this was a for sure winner dinner. My kiddos loved it (3 and 1), my husband loved it, I loved it. I froze half of it for a meal some time down the road (I do this quite often- nice for those busy days) and will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP