Peanut Sesame Chicken

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm the laughingstock among family and friends for taking pictures everywhere....especially at mealtimes. People see me with my camera and either run for the hills or start posing, usually it's running for the hills. But this recipe right here is why they put up with it. Since I started this recipe blog, I've started branching out and trying new things we've never had before...all in the name of a good blog post. This recipe makes a peanutty, tender chicken that made me feel like I was eating in a fancy Chinese restaurant!

















The ingredients:















1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

2 Tbs. brown sugar

1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. peanut oil (I used sesame oil instead)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves*

In saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently for 1 minute.















Grill or broil chicken, turning and brushing occasionally with 1/2 cup peanut/sesame sauce, for 12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.















Serve with remaining sauce and with Warm Peanut-Sesame Noodles. I topped with another tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds. Serves 4.















*My chicken breasts were really thick, so I sliced each one in half so it would cook more evenly and quickly.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Spryte February 17, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

I am definitely trying this! I think my husband would really love it!!

Donna-FFW February 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Oh, it sounds like sesame noodle ingredients and I love them I will have to try this!!

Torie February 18, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

You are killing me, girl...this looks intoxicating! My husband doesn't like Asian food so I'm out of luck : (

Harmony February 19, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Another tasty recipe! I topped my noodles with chili oil. Thank you.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP