Fluffernutter Brownies

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ah, fluffernutters. The guilty pleasure of sandwiches now in brownie form! With the stress of the last week of school and all the concerts, award ceremonies, and other stresses all the while my husband has been out of the country and I have been in serious need of some comfort food lately. I believe that the key to success for these is to pick a good brownie base. I personally like the Duncan Hines triple chocolate mix or this recipe for fudgy brownies from my sister-in-law Karey. These disappeared in one evening in our house! (This is like the twelfth recipe I've made from the Rachael Ray 30-minute cookbook; I'm going to be sad when I have to return it to the library soon. )


The ingredients:

1 package chocolate brownie mix + ingredients to make the mix (mine called for oil and an egg)
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
1 cup mini marshmallows


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix brownie mix according package directions, but DO NOT bake it yet. Stir peanut butter chips into brownie batter. Grease and 8x8-inch baking dish with softened butter and spread the brownie batter in an even layer. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and bake, 20-22 minutes total, scattering marshmallows on top for the last 3 to 5 minutes of baking time ( I added some PB chips on top too). Remove from oven and cut into 12 brownies. Serves 12.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Rachel June 17, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

I had to laugh when I read your post, b/c you actually reminded me that the Rachael Ray cookbook I borrowed from the library was probably due at least a week ago...oops! This dessert looks out of this world!

Katy ~ June 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

I'll bet that was just sweet and wonderful!

MaRiN June 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Man, you make the best desserts! I need to live in your house.

teresa June 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

This is my kind of brownie! Looks fantastic!

Coleens Recipes June 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Set a big glass of milk beside this pan of brownies and it could be DANGEROUS!

Jo June 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

My kids would love to live in your house.. got some spare room? They always have a look at your cakes and biscuits when I am on the computer and looking myself.

This looks delish... again!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP