Peanut Butter Pancakes

Sunday, February 22, 2009

We love all things peanut butter in our house, so when my friend shared this recipe for peanut butter pancakes,  I just knew I had to make them. So I did....the very next day. They lived up to our expectations and my girls love having another fun pancake to throw into their breakfast cooking repertoire.  Serve with  buttermilk caramel syrup or if you really like peanut butter try it with the peanut butter syrup recipe here, or if making your own syrup isn't your thing, then they're  also tasty by themselves or with old-fashioned maple syrup!  


 Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:



1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour (I used white whole wheat flour for all of it)

2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. oil
1 egg
1 cup plus 2 Tbs. milk (plus more if needed)



Directions:  Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, then add wet to dry. Mix till just moistened. Cook by 1/4 cupfuls on griddle. Makes about 12 pancakes.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sara February 22, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

These look really delicious! I love that you used part whole wheat flour, I do that all the time.

Donna-FFW February 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

NICE! Peanut butter pancakes, I have to try this. What did you top them with or did they eat them plain? Bet they were delicious!

Anonymous,  February 22, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

I love pancakes! Hope you can come over and share this yummy treat over at Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit. Would also love a link to this post from our site.(This will direct Foodista readers to your blog)Here's how you can create inbound links from our site Check it out here. This is a great way for you to build blog traffic and connect with other food lovers! See you there! Thanks!

American Homemaker February 22, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Peanut butter pancakes sound yummy :)

I just posted a recipe for chocolate pancakes... mmmm

Harmony February 22, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Those pancakes look and sound yummy.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP