Chicken Curry Salad with Fruit

Friday, February 13, 2009

This recipe was originally from the Lion House cookbook, but I've made a few adjustments to make it more fitting for our family. I love the bright colors and the subtle curry flavor. My kids love the fun noodle and fruit combination.
















The ingredients:
2/3 cup mayonnaise

2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder

2-1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 cup rotini noodles

1 cup diced celery
Salad greens
1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds

1 avocado, sliced
1/2 cantaloupe, but into wedges (we used mango)

1 cup seedless grapes, halved

1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained

Cook noodles as directed. Let cool. Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and curry powder. Pour over chicken, celery, and noodles and mix lightly.
















Chill. Just before serving, mound salad in center of a serving platter lined with salad greens (I did it on the individual plates rather than a large serving platter). Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish with avocado and fruits. Serves 6.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Charlene February 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

That looks delicious, but I do have a question. No one in my family likes mayo, is their a way to substitute mayo for something else? I tend to not make things that have mayo in it, because I don't know what to do about it.

Donna-FFW February 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Lara- I ADORE the choice of fruits with the chicken salad. Canteloupe , pineapple, grapes, it all sounds--- and looks--- so very, very delicious!! Wanna meet for lunch? You bring this, I'll bring magaritas.

Lara February 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Charlene--I don't know what it would be like without mayo. You could try some kind of salad dressing or something, but the mild curry flavor is what makes it really good. It's not super saucy so maybe they wouldn't realize it was mayo??? I say make it for friends sometime and save them a little to try?

Donna--lunch sounds great!

Torie February 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

This is a must try! Looks delish!!!

Harmony July 16, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

I tried this salad tonight and it was delicious. I used kiwi instead of the pineapple and i also made extra dressing to serve on the side. Great flavor. Thank you for the recipe.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP