Jewish Apple Cake recipe

Friday, November 21, 2008

You don't have to be Jewish to appreciate this impressive, delicious cake. I especially like this cake because you can mess up taking it out of the pan [a frequent occurrence for me] and you can cover up any imperfections with the glaze. : )
3 cups flour (I use part whole-wheat)
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup oil [I've tried 1/2 apple sauce, 1/2 oil--it's not quite as moist, but it's not bad]
4 eggs
1/2 cup orange juice
4 apples, peeled and chopped ( I like Granny Smith)

Cinnamon mixture:
2 tsp. cinnamon
5 Tbs. sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder. Then blend in oil and eggs until smooth. Pour half of the mixture into a greased bundt pan. Layer apples pushing them slightly into the batter. Then sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over the apples. Add the rest of the batter and top with remaining cinnamon mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 15 minutes.

Invert on to platter while warm. Drizzle with Orange Butter Glaze [click for recipe]. Serve warm with cool whip or ice cream or cooled by itself.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM  

When do you use the orange juice?

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP