Chicken Pasta Salad with Tomatoes

Sunday, June 21, 2009


When my friend Corinne heard I was looking for good summer recipes to try, she told me about this easy one her family loves and immediately copied it off for me to try.  It was a lot different than the normal pasta salad I make, but it was a nice change of pace for us and other than picking around the mushrooms the kids ate it all!  

 
The ingredients:

1 pkg. (12-oz.) noodles of your choice (bow tie, tortellini, ravioli, rotini, etc.)
1-1/2 cup peas, heated
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
1-2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1/2 lb. ham or chicken, chopped
6 Tbs. parmesan cheese

SAUCE:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 Tbs. lemon juice

Cook noodles according to package directions.  Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil, then heat peas.  Add hot peas, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, chopped chicken or ham, and parmesan cheese.  
Mix sauce ingredients all together and pour over noodle mixtures.  Toss until well coated.  Serve hot or cold.  Serves 6-8.  

9 comments:

Katy ~ June 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Oh, this sounds hearty and delicious. A nice bowl of this would more than satisfy.

SnoWhite June 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

yummy! this is on my list!!

Rachel June 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

No one in my household will eat pasta salad, but I am going to make this for myself and eat on it the entire week...I don't care if I have it every day for lunch :) It looks fabulous!

Coleens Recipes June 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

This sounds delicious, I am SO looking forward to this.

teresa June 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

This all looks so healthy and yummy! I can't wait to try!

MaRiN June 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

The dressing on this one sounds so good. I like how it's different than the typical pasta salad dressing!

Anonymous,  June 22, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

oh, this sounds easy enough, and really delicious-looking! YAY!
By the way, it seems like you are outdoors! Did you assemble all these together outside?

Karey June 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

I tried this for company the other night, since I had all the ingredients (minus mushrooms, which I'd omit anyway, since I'm not a mushroom lover :) and it was great! I added some slightly cooked but still crunchy broccoli and increased the quantities of parmesan cheese and the sauce stuff since I used a 16 oz box of pasta. It was a hit! Thanks, Lara!

SnoWhite July 12, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

we made this last night and I'm looking forward to having the leftovers cold for lunch today :) May I post this on my blog?

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP