Gingersnaps

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I love these gingersnaps hot and gooey fresh from the oven. My friend with milk allergies loves these too, since they're totally milk free.


Click here for printable recipe

The ingredients:
3/4 cup shortening (Crisco)
1/2 cup molasses
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2-1/4 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
~1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling dough balls in before baking)

Directions:  
Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg; mix well. Sift in flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix well. Place in freezer 1 hour or chill in refrigerator 2 hours (we skip this step). Form into approximately 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Bake on greased baking sheets in 375° oven for 6-7 minutes or until they look slightly UNDER done. This will yield a softer, chewier cookie. If you like your cookies crisper then bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yields about 4 dozen.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Coleens Recipes March 29, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

I love gingersnaps. These look scrumptious.

Donna-FFW March 29, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Lara- They look just perfect!

Deanne March 29, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

These look perfect. Mmm, I can almost taste them!

Deanne March 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Those looked so good I just had to make a batch of them. And I did today after I went to the store to buy some molasses! They are just as tasty as the picture looks! I've already eaten more than my fair share. My mouth thanks you, but my waistline does not! =)

Alisa - Frugal Foodie March 31, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

mmm, molasses cookies are the best!

Mirien April 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

Mmmm...one of my favorites!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP