Holiday Baking #12: Peppermint Patty Brownies

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ah, the winter sicknesses have invaded our family this weekend....in a double dose.  One child is down-and-out with a fever and cough and the other one is down with a stomach bug.    I'm really hoping that we don't have to take turns having both bugs go around the house....ugh!   


Onto better and brighter subjects now...these peppermint patty brownies!  You can probably tell from the ingredients that there is nothing not to love about these rich, fudgy, minty goodies (except maybe for how decadent they are).  Chocolate and mint are one of my favorite flavor combinations anyway and the way they came together in this delicious holiday indulgence was a winner in my book! 

Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:

1-1/2 cups butter
3 cups sugar
1 Tbs. vanilla
5 eggs
2 cups flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
24 small peppermint patties


Directions:

Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla together until well mixed.  Add eggs and beat until blended.  Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.  Mix well. 
Reserve 2 cups of batter.  Set aside.

Spread the remaining batter into a well-greased 13x9-inch baking pan. 

Arrange peppermint patties in a single layer over batter (about 1/2 inch apart).  (a good job for the kids)
Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties. 

Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.  Cool completely before serving.  Enjoy!  




NOTE:  If you're ever making these in autumn, you can get the peppermint patties that are colored orange for Halloween.  It makes for a pretty autumn colored brownie! 

*******************
Don't forget to grab my button...

Recipe Shoebox


6 comments:

Lila December 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Yum! I'm not a huge fan of the patties on their own, but in a brownie! They're delish!
xoxo
Lila Ferraro

ann December 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

I love peppermint patties and brownies. This looks like a great combination.

Peggy Clyde December 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

Thanks for such a great idea.

teresa December 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

oh yum! i've never thought to put peppermint patties in brownies, delicious!

Bonny December 13, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

These look so good and I can't wait to try them.

I've made those chocolate pretzel bites twice already. They've been a BIG hit both times. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous,  December 13, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

I just made these brownies last week! They are so good. Love the idea for fall!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP