Ice Cream Cake Trifle

Monday, November 16, 2009

(NOTE from Lara:  This is my cousin Trish's first post ever!  Let's give her a warm welcome to the Recipe Shoebox and to the world of blogging.  They've made this divine dessert for our family before and it was as beautiful as it was sinfully delicious!)

Click here for printable recipe


Ingredients:

Ice cream sandwiches
caramel topping
hot fudge topping
crushed almonds (actually, I prefer Heath Candy bars here)
whipped cream

(Try out different toppings, nuts or candies to determine your own favorite variation on this dessert)!

This layered dessert can be assembled in a trifle bowl or a 9x13 dish depending on how you'd like to see it displayed ( I suggest using glass so that you can show off the pretty layers)!




Begin by using the ice cream sandwiches as your first layer. Fit them closely and tight, cut to fit if needed.











Cover that layer with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel topping.






Sprinkle crushed almonds, and then top that with another layer of ice cream sandwiches and whipped cream, only this time drizzle with hot fudge before sprinkling the almonds. Continue to layer in this manner until you run out of room or ingredients!







Put in freezer to set up until ready to slice and serve serve... don't eat too much, it can be addicting ;-)

9 comments:

Jessie November 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

That looks so yummy and easy to pute together and Also that pumpkin dip with the gingersnaps looks amazing my mouth is watering right about now!!!

Karey November 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Oh, I love this stuff! Unfortunately, I don't have a trifle bowl. I do have a cake stand/punch bowl. That wouldn't be overkill would it?! Thanks for sharing, Trish!

annalisa November 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

this cake is yummy! i loved it when i had it!

Kim November 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Welcome Trish!! This is one delicious ice cream cake. My friend made it once for me and it is addicting. Great recipe :D

teresa November 17, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

this looks wonderful, i can see how it would be addicting!

Katy ~ November 17, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

This would be great for the grands! Ice cream anything is well loved here. This one looks like a sure fire WINNER!

Trisha November 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

I'm excited to post more in the future, but I can't take credit for this. It was posted under my name, but the recipe find, the hard work, and the presentation all belong to my husband. I have a new baby to keep me busy, and it seems that Aaron is able to spend more time in the kitchen than I am!

Trisha November 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Karey,

Aaron saw this recipe for the first time in the break room while working a long shift (food network). The original recipe is made in a 9x13 and served as small cut out squares. We just thought it would be fun to turn it into a trifle.

Unknown June 27, 2015 at 12:10 AM  

It so delicious I am making it again very soon!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP