Lime Zucchini Muffins

Monday, September 28, 2009

Green, green, green...what is it about green foods that kids find so offensive? My kids turn up their noses at the mere sight of spinach, lettuce, or broccoli. I have to puree or chop them into indistinguishable bits too small to pick out of their food if I even have a chance of them eating it.

This recipe is from Kara over at
Kara's Kitchen Creations is full of green flecks of zucchini and lime, yet somehow my kids are quick to overlook the greenness and instead savor these zesty, moist muffins. They were a delicious, fun way to start the day and the kids never seemed to notice or care that there were two whole cups of shredded zucchini in there. Hehe--I'm so sneaky! Thanks Kara for a great recipe!

The ingredients:
Click here for printable recipe.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1-2 tsp. lime or lemon zest
2 Tbs. lime or lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups shredded zucchini

TOPPING:
1 Tbs. sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds, slightly crushed

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, zest, and juice. Stir in dry ingredients, then zucchini. Spoon into well-greased or paper lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar, then almonds. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes. Makes about 15 muffins.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kim September 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

I love zucchini muffins/bread, never had it with the lime before (sounds great). You get bonus points for trying to get the green veggies into your kids. I gave up awhile ago.

teresa September 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

my kids like to think that they are allergic to anything naturally grown too! these look so good, i love the lime in there!

Justin September 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

i have a favorite pasta recipe made with lemon and zucchini, but i've never heard of pairing it with lime

Katy ~ September 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Yumm...boy do these sound unique and delicious. I would certainly love to give one a try with lots of buttah!!

Anonymous,  September 30, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

So glad you liked them! I've been craving them again and am planning on making them for breakfast tomorrow. Can't wait!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP