Thai Chicken Pasta

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Over the course of cooking for my family I feel like I've got a pretty good eye for determining at a glance whether or not we would like a recipe, before even making it.  Of course, sometimes things don't turn out quite the way you expect, but for us  there are certain ingredients that guarantee almost a sure-fire success.  Peanut butter, cilantro, or pasta  are some of those winning combinations for us and this recipe from the latest Taste of Home magazine has all three.   Not surprisingly it was a hit for everyone.  Even my four-year-old picky girl loved it and came back for seconds! 

Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:

12 oz. uncooked whole wheat spaghetti noodles (or fettuccine)
2 cups salsa
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbs. honey
4 tsp. soy sauce
4 cups chicken breast, cubed and cooked
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

Directions:  Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile in large sauce pot, combine the salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey, and soy sauce.

Heat until sauce thickens and add chicken;
heat through.  Drain pasta.  Serve with chicken mixture.  Garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Makes 8 servings.   Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

10 comments:

Jessie December 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

That looks so yummy!! I bet my kids would love that!!! We love thai food!!!

Kim December 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

I love this kind of pasta! So funny...I'm actually getting ready to make something like this now. It's even better leftover the next day when the flavors develop more (that's if there is any left):D

Bonny December 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

I am SO impressed at the variety of foods your kids eat!!!

teresa December 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

mmmm, you can tell that this is a dish just packed with flavor, delicious!

Kelly - Two Kids Cooking December 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

I just emailed myself this recipe so I make sure to try it....oh so tasty looking...

Thanks!

Katy ~ December 10, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

Don't you just love a nice simple recipe that your family will love!

charbetrichey August 16, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

Great recipe. I will use regular noodles in place of the wheat noodles because we didn't like the wheat noodles. I will use this recipe again and share it with my children.

alexandra August 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Awesome recipe! This is going in the regular rotation. I wanted to add that mixing some fresh baby spinach in just on top of the noodles (and then adding the sauce on top of that) really enhanced the meal for me and was a nice way to get some veggies in. I think julienned carrots would probably mix well, too. I am loving this blog and wishing we still lived in Vienna/Oakton.

Felicia February 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Thanks for the recipe! We loved it!

Lynn March 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM  

Thanks for sending me this link, Lara. The salsa sounds really interesting in this one. I wouldn't have thought of that as an ingredient.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP