Lion House Carrot Cake Recipe

Friday, December 5, 2008

After experimenting with several different carrot cake recipes, this one rose to the top of the list. It's moist, flavorful, and easy to make. I also like the fact that making it healthier by using whole grain flours and applesauce for oil still results in a yummy dessert the kids still enjoy.

Click here for printable recipe. 
The ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (or applesauce)
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups grated carrots
1 cup flour (we often use at least part whole wheat flour with good results)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup each ground coconut, pecans or walnuts, and raisins (I often omit one or the other of these)
Combine sugar and oil. Add eggs. Mix well. Add grated carrots.
Slowly stir in sifted dry ingredients.

Add ground coconut, nuts, and raisins. Pour batter into lightly greased and floured 9-inch cake pan (we like to use our bundt pan).

Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes, or until tests done. When cool spread with cream cheese frosting.We drizzled on the orange-butter glaze instead of the cream cheese frosting.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

BABSA Romney August 12, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

I love this recipe. Thank you for posting pics-it always helps to see what it's supposed to look like as you are mixing.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP