Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I found the recipe for this garlicky dish over at Kara's Kitchen Creations, which is one of my favorite places to find new recipes.   The garlic and Parmesan cheese gave it its amazing flavor and the pasta and chicken made it instantly likable to the kids, despite the presence of the green spinach.  This is an easy-to-make main dish that is definitely staying in our keeper files!  
  Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:

6 Tbs. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 box (1-lb) penne pasta
5-oz. fresh spinach, chopped
1 Tbs. dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh)
6 Tbs. lemon juice
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions: 
Heat olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in  a small glass bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute to blend flavors.


Pour about 1 tablespoon of the flavored oil in a skillet.  Salt and pepper chicken and cook in the oil over medium high heat until chicken is browned and juices run clear.


Add the chopped and spinach and saute with the cooked chicken for 1 minute (or until just barely wilted) and remove from heat.
 


Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package; drain well.  Add cooked chicken/spinach to pasta, along with basil, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.  Then stir in the remainder of the flavored olive oil.
 

Toss lightly until all ingredients are well-combined.  Serve immediately.


Makes about 6 servings.  Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

17 comments:

Karey March 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

mmm... This one's going on my menu this week!

Julie March 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Any recipe that starts with the word "garlic" is a keeper in my book!

Katy ~ March 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

I am so making this, probably next week. Cannot wait as it looks so good and has ingredients we absolutely love. So perfect for a weeknight meal with the bright colors, fresh spinach, cheese. yummmmmm

Kim March 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

This looks awesome! I went over and checked out Katy's blog and now I'm hooked. Thanks for sharing:D

teresa March 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

ooooh, how yummy! i can practically taste it now!

SnoWhite March 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

I like the look of that :)

Chef Aimee March 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

What a great weeknight recipe for the spring - I must try this. Chicken and pasta dishes are my favorite.

FoodontheTable June 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

This looks great. I think I'll add even more garlic!

Jen June 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

I made this for dinner tonight and it was a HUGE hit! Both my husband and son said it tasted like it came from a restaurant. I will be making this again for sure! Thanks for posting.

Lively Luckinbills July 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

I made this tonight and it is WONDERFUL. So full of flavor and nutrition!! Thank you for all your recipes.

Mika,  January 16, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

This has turned out to be my favorite dinner to make and eat. It's so dang good.

Jen April 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

I just made this for dinner tonight and it was incredible! My 4 and 2 year olds loved it as well. I've made so many recipes from your blog and they have all turned out amazing!

Anonymous,  May 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

O.K, I am not much of a spinach kinda girl! I don't like green veggies much at all, but after recently becoming preggers I am trying to eat healthier. This recipe made it easy to eat my veggies! Delicious! I will be making it again for sure!

Julie May 19, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

So I made this the other night and really enjoyed it. Hailey said she didn't like the spinach which is weird because she loves spinach. Oh and I added portobello mushrooms to it. It was yummy.

Melissa Beckley October 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM  

This was a hit! Somehow spinach didn't end up on my grocery list app so hubby didn't get it, so that was the only ingredient I didn't use. We had an extra child eating with us and it was a success! We had PLENTY to eat and 2 of the kiddos went for thirds! Hubby loved it and said this is a definite must make again! Thanks for sharing!!

Kim January 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM  

I make dinner for four familiues on Tuesdays and they all loved it. It was easy to make too!!! Thanks again!!

Anonymous,  December 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM  

Thanks for the recipe. Made it last night, was delicious! Drop some off at a friends and she said it tasted like it came from a fancy restaurant. PrincessLea1986

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP