Nacho Mama's Mac & Cheese

Monday, March 23, 2009

This recipe takes one of the all-time favorite comfort foods of macaroni and cheese and zips it up a notch. My kids loved eating it almost as much as they loved saying the name. The ingredients:
3 cups spiral pasta (I used bow tie, since that's what I had)
1 pound ground beef (I used turkey instead)

2 sweet red peppers, chopped

1/4 cup butter, cubed

1/4 cup flour

1 envelope taco seasoning

1/4 tsp. pepper

2-1/4 cups milk

2 cups (8-oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup frozen corn, thawed

1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile cook meat and red peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.

Stir in the butter, flour, taco seasoning until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.

Drain noodles; add to meat mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips. Makes 6 servings.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

annalisa March 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

this looks really good! i'm going to try it out!

annalisa March 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

i made this tonight and i loved it! i will definitely be making this again:)

The Busby Family April 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Loved it. I made it last week. Thanks!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP