Lemon Soaked Poundcake

Monday, November 17, 2008


I tried this over the weekend and it was super yummy! I got the recipe from a blog called Simple, but Delicious, and that's just what this was. Here's the recipe:

Lemon Soaked Poundcake

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
rind of one lemon, grated
lemon extract to taste, optional


Lemon Glaze-
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.


2. Beat butter in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer; gradually add oil, beating until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon rind and/or extract.


3. Pour batter into a prepared pan. Bake at 300F for 1 hour and 30 minutes, rotating midway through, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. (If you don't have a toothpick, don't use a fork. It will leave a giant hole in the middle of your otherwise beautiful cake!) Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.

4. Lemon Glaze: Combine glaze ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Spoon glaze over top, a little at a time. Let lemon pound cake cool completely.


In my experience, this recipe was almost too big for a 9x13. Two 9x9's might work better, but you'd probably have to adjust the cooking time, and I don't have the brain power to figure that one out right now :)

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Lara November 18, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Glen and I were both drooling over this as soon as we even glimpsed the name, then when we saw the picture I knew it would have to be very soon! That looks so delicious.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP