Oreo Truffles

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My roommate made these the other day and I pretty much fell in love with them:) They are so yummy and so easy to make.

1- 18 oz package Oreo cookies (mint Oreos are the best!)
1- 8 oz package cream cheese
1- 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips


Crush the Oreos into small pieces (my roommate put them in the blender and they crushed really well). Then mix 3 cups of the crushed Oreos with the cream cheese (my roommate mixed them together in her Bosch or a Kitchenaid would work too). Form Oreo and cream cheese mixture into 1" balls.   Freeze formed balls for about 1-hour.  Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and then dip the balls into the melted chocolate (as messy as it may be, your fingers will work best for dipping, although using two spoons will work too). Place the balls on a pan lined with wax paper. Sprinkle the remaining Oreo mixture (or other sprinkles) on top of the balls and place in the fridge to cool for about an hour. Then take out and Enjoy! Yields about 40- 1" truffles.


YUMMY!

2 comments:

Lara January 19, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

Thanks for introducing us to another sinfully delicious, super easy dessert to make!

Lara January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I forgot to mention that we tried them with mint Oreos and they were out of this world!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP