Holiday Baking #3: White Chocolate Raspberry Bars

Friday, December 3, 2010

You remember the age-old nightmare about having to take a final exam for a class you'd never been to?  You wake up and your heart is racing and palms sweaty and you're sure you got an "F".  It took me years of being graduated from college before I finally stopped having it.  Now my nightmares usually revolve around my children being in danger or forgetting to get dressed or something of that nature. 

Guess what?  I have a new nightmare now.  I keep worrying that I'm going to forget my commitment of posting every day in December and that I'm going to get a big fat "F" in blogging.   Good thing I have some friends all lined up to help me out with the quest, because even with five kids in the house I'm not sure I could pull off thirty-one goodies in a month.  :) 

 Enough with the rambling...here's today's treat....White Chocolate Raspberry Bars from Your Homebased Mom.  They were every bit as rich and delicious as they sound and if only I had been a little more patient in cutting them up, they would look even prettier than they already are.  They held together nicely and would be perfect for a splash of color on a goody plate.  Enjoy! 



Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (I crushed them by hand once and by blender once, and preferred the even texture of the blender crumbs) 
2 Tbs. softened butter
2 Tbs. milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup raspberry jam (could also use peach, apricot or blackberry)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Directions: Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan (I used an 8-inch). In medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup of the white chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until melted stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Stir in wafer crumbs until well mixed. Press mixture evenly in greased pan. Set aside.
(This picture is from the time we crushed them by hand.  The smoother texture of the blender crumbs was much better than this.)

In small saucepan, melt remaining 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. In small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in melted chips and powdered sugar until smooth.


Spread jam over crumb mixture.

Spread chip mixture over jam.

Sprinkle with nuts.

Refrigerate until set and cut into bars.  Allow  the bars to sit at room temperature for a while before cutting or else the chocolate layer will crack. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!

*********

Don't forget to grab my button...







Recipe Shoebox


6 comments:

K December 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Can you make some of those for me and send them? They look soooo goood and I might be able to eat them, since there's not a lot of chocolate. (o:

Kim December 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

I don't have the nightmare about getting an F on an exam, but I do have the one where my teeth crack and fall out like on Tom & Jerry. I can't seem to shake that one! lol.

I really like the white chocolate and raspberry combo and I almost always prefer a bar cookie to a regular cookie. These look delicious. So far you're an A+ in my book!

Arlene Delloro December 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

These look really delicious and I'll bet you could use those Amos's chocolate wafers for a change of pace. I'm going to try your variety this Christmas.

Holly December 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

These look yummy-love that they are no bake:) Printing!

Debbie December 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Love white chocolate and raspberry. They look delicious and are a great treat!

Libby December 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Okay, I'm sold, they look yummy and easy! I never thought to use my blender, I don't have a food processor.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP