Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I had this cake served to me at an Enrichment night for women. It was such a lovely cake and I was instantly in love with the chocolate, cream, and raspberry combination. I just had to have the recipe! Now I can make this cake and it tastes just as divine as I remember, but I have to confess that me + cakes=disaster. This is an example of how pretty it could look if someone like my friend Denise were making it. At the bottom you'll find my pathetic version.






















The ingredients:















1 pkg. Duncan Hines dark fudge chocolate cake mix

1/2 cup sour cream
3-oz. cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. (3.4-oz) instant pudding, white chocolate or vanilla
1 pkg. (8-oz) Cool Whip, thawed

1 pkg. (12-oz) fresh raspberries
(we used frozen, but fresh definitely would've been better)
garnishes: powdered sugar, chocolate curls, fresh raspberries

Make cake as directed on box, except substitute 1 cup of the water with 1/2 cup sour cream. Bake in 2-10" pans or 3-8" round pans. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans.

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Combine milk and pudding and add to cream cheese mix. Fold in Cool Whip and frozen berries. Layer cake and refrigerate. Garnish right before serving.















(Hehe. I know it's pathetic. Please don't laugh.)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Denise February 4, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

LOL! Thanks for the complement Lara. But, your version looks totally edible!!! And isn't that what really matters?

Sara February 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

This looks so delicious!

Torie February 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I'm the same way. You should see a few of the birthday cakes I've tried to make my kids & brother. They looked horrid. Anyways, the combination of raspberry & chocolate has to be one of my favorite things!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP