M&M Coconut Cookies

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

  Whenever I start to feel stressed and overwhelmed I tend to crave cookies.  They're easy to make and oh so comforting.  So when my friend Clarinda posted this recipe on her awesome new food blog  right in the middle of some big stressors in my life, I started obsessing about these cookies.  I literally saw the recipe, started drooling, and within 24 hours had gone to the store for the missing ingredients.  With coconut and chocolate it was just the stress relieving pleasure I was looking for and my kids loved the fun, bright colors.     Hope you have a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving! 





The ingredients: 

3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1-3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 cups coconut
2 cups  plain M & M's

Preheat oven to 350° .  Cream shortening, sugar and brown sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Sift dry ingredients together and add to shortening mixture.  Stir in coconut and M&Ms.

Be careful...the dough is addicting!

Spoon dough on to ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 350°  for 7-10 minutes.   Enjoy!





5 comments:

annalisa November 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

i had these cookies and they are yummy! they're addicting too :)

teresa November 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

oh i'm loving these! happy thanksgiving!

K November 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

We also tried these and they are delicious! You can also just use chocolate chips if you don't have m & ms on hand.

Katy ~ November 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

These are such a fun cookie. Kids just go crazy for them!

Karey January 11, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

yum! just made these and they're going in the rotation permanently!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP