Orange Chicken

Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is one of the great recipes from the Lion House cookbook! I love the orange/onion combination and the prep time is so short it's perfect for fixing and forgetting.


The ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 can (6-oz) orange juice concentrate, thawed
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. corn starch
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. salt
4-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine flour, salt, and pepper in plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat well. Place chicken pieces in baking pan. Spread onions generously over surface.

Combine orange juice, water, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cornstarch. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 325° for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve with rice.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW March 7, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

I so love that this dish can be prepared in one pan! Sounds so delicious with the nutmeg and orange. Nice choice, Lara! Thanks!

Kim March 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

I am going to have to try this next week! thanks I was looking for something new!
Have you ever tried the Lion House cresant rolls? They are to die for!

rtcarolyn February 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

I made this recipe once back in College and have been wanting to make it again ever since! It was delicious! Thank you so much for posting it! So glad to get to make it for my family tonight!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP