No-Bake Cookies Recipe (aka Mud Pies)

Monday, November 24, 2008

This is one of those treats that brings back so many memories from my childhood and now my own children love to make them. They're super easy to make and perfect for any late night chocolate hankerings that may come your way! : )
Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:


1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp. salt
2-1/2 cups rolled oats

Directions:  Melt butter in pan. Add milk, sugar, and cocoa to melted butter. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute.

Remove from heat and immediately add peanut butter and salt. Stir to blend. Add oatmeal and mix well.

Drop by teaspoonful onto waxed paper. Makes 4 dozen.

Or you can do it the Crain way and just dump it into a pile on a plate and let everyone dig in with spoons. Of course Glen does not approve of this method, so we usually do it the boring way!

No matter how you serve them, they're pretty darn tasty!
Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP