Taco Ring

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I found this recipe over at Tried and True Cooking with Heidi and knew at a glance that my family would love it. I saved it for a crazy night when I was in a rush, had the kids help me throw it together, and sure enough I had to nab my husband's portion out quickly, otherwise they would have eaten it all. I might try and use some homemade bread dough with it another time, so I can add whole wheat flour, but then again that would take the ease out of preparing it. Thanks Heidi for a great idea!

The ingredients:

2 cans crescent rolls
1 lb. ground beef ( I used ground turkey)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Toppings:
Shredded lettuce
Diced tomato
chopped onion
Sour cream
Salsa
Black olives
Avocado

Cook and drain beef (or turkey). Add seasoning and cook according to seasoning package directions (add 3/4 cup water and bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes).

Arrange unrolled crescent foll triangles in a circle shape, overlapping them with the points facing outwards.


Place meat around the ring and sprinkle with cheese. Fold triangle points over filling and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Place toppings in the open part in the center and serve. Makes 6-8 servings. Thanks Heidi!(mine definitely did not turn out as pretty Heidi's)

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Katy ~ May 30, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Gosh I really like the looks of this. I loved it when I saw it on Heidi's blog and I'm loving it here as well. Guess I'm just going to have to make it soon..maybe this weekend! YUM YUM!

Rachel May 30, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

I couldn't wait to try this when I saw it on Heidi's blog and it looks equally as good here!!g

Heidi May 31, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

I'm so glad you enjoyed this! We did. Yours looks great :)

teresa May 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

This looks wonderful, my family would love this too!

Charlene May 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

I'm going to make it for dinner tonight and looking forward to trying it out!!

Anonymous,  June 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

W-O-W This looks TOTALLY up my alley!!! Simple and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!! :)

Spryte June 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

I've seen that someplace... and it looks AWESOME!! I can't wait to try it!

Renee July 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I make this too and we love it but I've got a tip for you... Take the triangles and put them back to back and form your ring (so you will have pionts in both directions they will overlap. Next place your filling in and then alternate the folding of the triangles (one from the middle and one from the outside) you will have a pretty pattern and your filling will stay in better (you'll need another tube or 2 of dough) hope that helps. If you wanna get really creative you could do an eggwash over the top and it will shine.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP