Garlic Chicken with Bow-Tie Pasta

Thursday, August 12, 2010

This kind of pasta dish is one of  my family's favorite kinds of meal.  They love the noodles, the tender chicken, and the garlic flavor and I love that it's healthy as well.   Take note of the fact that the recipe only calls for 2 cups of dry pasta.  I didn't notice until after I'd cooked up the whole box and while it was still tasty...it was just a little heavy on the noodles.  I found this little treasure over at Sister's Cafe, which happens to be one of my favorite sites to find new recipes.  :)

Click here for printable recipe



The ingredients:
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced crosswise
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 rounded Tbs. crushed garlic (6-8 cloves)
1/2 lb. mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
3/4 cup red or orange bell peppers, chopped
1 can (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (use less for a milder flavor)
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups dry bow tie pasta, cook as directed on package
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (may use fresh parsley)
Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions: In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high heat and saute chicken until done. Sprinkle with salt and remove from skillet. Keep warm.

In same skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden.

Add mushrooms, green onions and peppers and cook an additional 2 minutes.

Add tomatoes, broth, red pepper, cornstarch and salt. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.

Remove from heat. Combine chicken, hot garlic mixture, pasta and cilantro. Sprinkle generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serves 4. Enjoy!

5 comments:

teresa August 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

gorgeous, i love colorful dishes like this!

Anonymous,  August 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I love pasta salad in the summer! Great recipe I'm anxious to try. I see the Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach and am thinking it will make a great dinner on busy back to school nights. Have a great weekend...

FoodontheTable August 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

This looks great! Beautiful photo.

Kim August 15, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

You had me at garlic. Sounds delicious!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP