“Neiman Marcus” Chocolate Chip Cookies

Monday, October 4, 2010

cookies
I grew up eating my mom’s homemade chocolate chip cookies. She had this recipe. THE recipe. The recipe to end ALL RECIPES. I took that recipe to college and converted all my roommates to the one and only correct recipe.
So imagine my surprise when I talked to my mom recently and found out that she hasn’t used that recipe for years. She has a NEW recipe. The nerve! I had to try it.
It’s been a long time since I made the original recipe, so I can’t do an accurate comparison, but these are very good. And they have the advantage of containing whole oat flour (made by throwing rolled oats into the blender for a few pulses), so they’re, like, healthy and stuff.
Totally healthy, she says as she shoves another one in her mouth.
Here’s the recipe.

“Neiman Marcus” Chocolate Chip Cookies--by Karey
click here for printable recipe.


1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2.5 cups oat flour (blended oatmeal)
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips
1.5 cups chopped nuts (Optional)

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with all-purpose flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 56 cookies.
This is actually half the recipe, since very few people need 112 cookies in one day like the original recipe makes. I, however, did need 112 cookies today (for a very good cause! chomp, chomp) so that’s why I have a TON of cookie dough in my bowl up there.
Do you have a favorite old recipe, or a favorite new one?

5 comments:

Holly October 4, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Ahhhh these look delish!!

Anonymous,  October 4, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

When I make the neiman marcus cookies I use chocolate chips and chunks of hershey bar too! It adds another element to the flavor. Love these cookies!
--Caryn

Kim October 5, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

I love the idea of using an oat flour. I bet it helps the cookies to stay chewy. They look great!

karen October 10, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I have made these twice since you posted this. They are fabulous. I haven't had any normal flour on hand so I have used white wheat flour. Turned out great.

K March 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

I made these tonight and they are great! Yummy!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP