Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken Sandwiches

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Think flavorful, tender chicken topped with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and onion all on a warm crusty roll sounds like your type of food? Yeah, me too! I handed this Rachael Ray recipe off to my husband to make one lazy Sunday afternoon and we all ended the day in love with it! This recipe encapsulates all that is great about summer food...fresh, grilled, juicy, and savory! This recipe is staying on the top of the keeper files to make again soon!

Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

The juice of one lime
2 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. cumin
3 Tbs. cilantro, finely chopped
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I sliced mine thinly before cooking)
1 tsp. steak seasoning blend (or salt and pepper to taste)
4 crusty rolls, split


TOPPINGS:
Lettuce
Tomato
, sliced
Red onion,
sliced
Avocado
, sliced
1 cup salsa

Combine lime juice, honey, cumin, cilantro, and olive oil in a small bowl to make marinade. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Coat chicken in marinade and set aside for 10 minutes.
Grill chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side (or pan fry over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet, uncovered, six minutes per side.

Slice grilled chicken on an angle and pile on roll bottoms. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sliced avocado.

Spread salsa on roll tops. We used 4 big fat chicken breasts and cut them into thin, smaller slices and it made about 8 servings.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

Katy ~ June 7, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Oh my gosh, could this be the perfect sandwich or what? I can see the love growing here as well.

Heidi June 7, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

What an amazing sounding sandwhich! What a great flavor combination.

MaRiN June 7, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Mmmm, sounds wonderful, especially with avacado to top it off! I love summer grilling!!

K June 7, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I am so hungry now, thanks a lot Lara! Would you mind bringing one of those over around 3?

SnoWhite June 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

yummy -- I love honey and lime together.

Anonymous,  June 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

I think I just died seeing that grilled chicken with the char...imagining the squeeze of sour lime and the sticky sweetness of the honey...aaaaahhhhh.....

Kristen June 7, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Oh that looks like a perfect summer burger!

Charlene June 7, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

it looks delicious!!! What a great summer dinner idea!!!

teresa June 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

what a gorgeous ingredient combination! this looks fantastic!

K June 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

I made these tonight for dinner and they were a huge hit. Tom asked me to make them again soon and Tom doesn't say that very often. (o:

Kim June 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

THank you I needed a recipe for this week!! Looks awesome and I will tell you how it went!

christyd April 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

This sandwich sounds great!

K June 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

I need to make these again, since I think I can actually eat everything that's on the chicken.

K March 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM  

I make these on a regular basis and it is a family favorite! It's also a hit with company! Thanks for sharing an awesome and easy recipe!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP