Tortilla Turkey Sandwiches

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Need something quick and filling for lunch or dinner? Here's the perfect solution. Tortilla Turkey Sandwiches are filled with a tasty pesto sauce then combined with fresh veggies and deli meat. They're easy enough for the kids to make themselves and tasty enough for the adults to enjoy too!

The ingredients:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbs. mayonnaise
1-1/2 tsp. prepared pesto
4 flour tortillas (8-inches), room temperature
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 lb. sliced deli smoked turkey
3/4 cup chopped tomato
1 can (2-1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and pesto until blended. Spread about 2 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer with lettuce, turkey, tomato, olives, and cheese; roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Makes 4 servings.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Heidi May 2, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

I had 1/2 package of cream cheese setting in the fridge leftover from the oreo cookies I didnt know what to do with... now I do. What a great idea! Looks yummy :)

Katy ~ May 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Oooh, that does look tasty and healthier than my usual sandwich fare! Great combination of ingredients.

Kristen May 2, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Oh I'm going to make these! They will probably end up on my lunch rotation too! yummy!

Coleens Recipes May 3, 2009 at 2:29 AM  

What a PERFECT lunch or weekend dinner. I am certainly going to try these.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP