Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This recipe is originally from a package of Nestle chocolate chips, but has become a family classic! If you ever need to get on Glen's good side, just whip him up a batch of these (and save some dough for him to eat plain) and he will be putty in your hands. Works every time.

 Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy according to preference)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

Beat butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Stir in morsels. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes.  Enjoy! 

For Cami's evil caloric variation: Sandwich a little scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in between two cookies, dollop a little whipping cream, enjoy...and then run 14 miles.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

annalisa January 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

they look heavenly! if you could send me some of those right now, that would be lovely!

K January 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Send me some of those too, but without the chocolate chips! HA!

Clarinda January 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Delicious! I made these last night. Visit my blog to read more about how they turned out. http://clarindas.blogspot.com/2009/01/cookies-need-eggs.html

Mirien January 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

I made these today and this recipe is a keeper! I like it better than others I've tried. I made my standard changes that I do to all cookies I make: I used whole wheat pastry flour and I used 1/2 the butter and melted it. Those changes are pretty much undetectable with PB cookies. They turned out great and looked like your picture. I should have doubled the recipe--they're almost gone!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP