Orange Breakfast Bread

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This delicious breakfast bread is super easy to prepare, looks elegant, and makes for a perfect dish for a brunch. I don't make it too often since it definitely wouldn't win any health awards, but when I'm cooking a brunch for guests this is more often than not on my menu. And more often than not I get asked for the recipe afterwards. My kids {Glen included} seriously get SO excited every time I make it!


Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:
2 rolls (12-ounces each) Pillsbury "Grands Jr." biscuits (or other flaky biscuits)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar ( I use less)

Directions:  Lay the biscuits standing on end in greased bundt pan.  Light separate a couple of layers per biscuit, leaving the bottoms intact.  Set aside.  
Combine orange juice, butter, and sugar in small saucepan and stir until boiling and sugar is dissolved; 1-2 minutes. Pour sauce over biscuits.  It will be very liquidy.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Invert onto serving plate and serve warm. Serves 6-8.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW February 4, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Wow, this sounds super simple and
full of flavor, Ill have to try it!!

Deanne February 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Sounds wonderful! I think my seminary students will thank you. I'll have to try it next week after I pick up the ingredients at the store.

Anonymous,  February 7, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

I had these rolls when Aitch made them for a party a few years ago and I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM! (They are the reason that I came to your blog the first time...and all of the other yummy looking recipes you have are the reason I keep coming back!) Thanks for posting this recipe...and all of the other recipes! They're great!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP