Warm Peanut-Sesame Noodles

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I made these noodles to accompany the Peanut-Sesame Chicken** and my oh my were they delicious! My kids gobbled them up like they were candy.
















The ingredients:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs. rice vinegar
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. peanut or sesame oil
8 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
Chopped green onion (optional)
Crushed red pepper (optional)

Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, water, vinegar, soy sauce, and peanut oil in a saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Immediately toss with hot spaghetti. Garnish with chopped green onions, crushed red pepper, and toasted sesame seeds.

**To save time I just made a big double batch of the peanut sesame sauce and used it for both the chicken and the noodles. There is only a slight variation between them.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Spryte February 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

I'm definitely making this with the chicken! My husband will love it!

Thanks for posting it!

It all looks great!!

Anonymous,  February 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Wow! This is something else! I definitely wanna try this one out! Hope you won't mind but I would like to invite you to Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit. Please do share this awesome recipe with us! Thanks!

jacjewelry February 17, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Oh, I LOVE noodles, and this looks so delicious! I have always wondered how to make peanut sesame sauce, so thanks for this!!!

Mirien February 23, 2009 at 3:22 AM  

I tried this last week and it was so good! I doubled the sauce, used 14 oz. bag of Barilla Plus spaghetti, and added stir-fried shrimp and veggies. I served it as the main dish and everyone loved it. Another day I'm going to try your sesame chicken recipe--that looks wonderful!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP